Partnering Climbing Gym: Session – Opening Soon
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Santa Rosa(BGCSR) is celebrating 70 years of serving Santa Rosa’s kids in 2019. Established in 1949, the club moved to its current location in 1952 when Hugh Codding, a larger-than-life figure in the local economy and politics in Santa Rosa, donated the land and built the Boys & Girls Club during the commercial and residential building boom of the 1950’s.
As the area of Montgomery Village grew with housing, schools and churches, Hugh recognized the need to have a safe and recreational place for kids to go after school as more mothers were entering the workforce. He donated the land and built the Santa Rosa Boys Club in 1952 on Hahman Drive with the mission of providing kids a safe and fun place to learn, play and grow in the after-school hours and during summer break. Girls were permitted to attend the club in 1989 and it became known as the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Santa Rosa.
The club still operates in the same facility today with the same mission. BGCSR serves an average of 100 kids per day, with over 1,500 kids coming through the doors every day for after school programming, summer camp, sports leagues, clinics and camps. The club primarily serves the Rincon Valley and Bennett Valley areas, with 95% of our members deriving from the 17 surrounding elementary schools. Programming is focused on 5 core areas: Education & Academics, Sports & Recreation, Health & Life Skills, Character & Leadership and Creative Arts.
We feel so lucky to be partnering with adidas Outdoor, as well as a committed supporter and major donor, Tricia Dickinson.
Tricia is a good friend of Kevin and the club, and without her generous support, the wall – and all that it brings to our club and community – would not be possible.